The Yoga Station Whitley Bay, coming for 2019 Edinburgh, Inverness and Glasgow
Yoga and movement for runners workshops,module and drop in sessions.
'A work in not a work out'
1st Module, developing a personal yoga and movement practice
Dates for the 1st block, Sundays from 10.00am to 11:30am, price 40.00/person/block of 6. October 21st and 28th, November 4,11 and 25th, December 2nd.
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE, (PLACES ARE LIMITED) LINK
DROP IN SESSIONS BEGIN ON FRIDAY 7TH SEPTEMBER AT THE YOGA STATION, 1 HOUR FROM 2-3PM, COST 5.00/PERSON, NO NEED TO BOOK, IDEAL IF YOU ARE NOT SURE ABOUT SIGNING UP THE MODULE IN OCTOBER OR CANNOT COMMIT TO THE TIME.
THE WORKSHOP(essentials), 3 HOURS, SATURDAY 10TH NOVEMBER 12-3PM , IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND THE DROP IN OR HAVE TOO MANY COMMITTMENTS FOR THE SUNDAY MODULE THEN THIS WORKSHOP GIVES YOU A THREE HOUR EXPERIENCE, LINK TO BOOK AND MORE INFORMATION
Having worked with runners at all levels(2000+ at last count) from Olympic qualification to broken and distraught for 10 years and also assisting in yoga and running retreats for 7 years, I feel I am now able to offer the level of workshop for runners in the North East that I feel runners need. As one runner said 'you are helping us bulletproof our body against injury'
I have spent 10 years working with Kridaka Yoga in Scotland (Mark Russell) who has worked with the very best yoga teachers (Gary Carter, A G Mohan, Pete Blackenby, Leslie Kaminoff to name but a few) blending and integrating the different types of yoga styles such as Ashtanga, Iyengar, Scaravelli etc to form a practice around the individual not the asana.
If you are interested in signing up to the workshops/classes when they first become public please sign up to the newsletter below, you can also join the private FB group for clients, link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/227661094683788/
The main aims of the 6 unit module will be the following:-
- To introduce the idea of what a yoga practice is and how it can support your running and movement.
- To develop a meditation and breathing practice to support your daily lives as well as your running.
- To improve your agility, mobility and balance(wherever you are) with a carefully selected sequence of yoga asana's that build on previous units.
- To give you the confidence to develop your own self practice. It is what I do daily and has been such a huge benefit.
- to make you enjoy your running without fear of injury and perhaps make you run a little bit quicker as well!
The main aims for the 3 hour workshop are the following:-
- To introduce the idea of what a physical yoga practice is and how it can support your running and overall movement.
- To practice some key asana (physical movement) in the time
- to introduce the idea of meditation and breathing techniques and how it can help you when running
- To introduce the idea of what a yoga practice can give you.
- Plenty of time for Q and A,
"Nick is an outstanding teacher, very supportive and incredibly knowledgeable"
"Hi I just wanted to say a massive thank you . Using the techniques has made a massive difference to my running, not just reduced pain levels but has renewed my enthusiasm............. I will be looking out for further courses and I'm spreading the word. Perhaps all hope of racing again is not lost....."
"I feel I have come such a long way since my first session with you early last year. I was trying out new things to give meaning to my life as my work was reducing. I had joined the running club and was starting to make friends, but without the good teaching I've had I've no doubt that running would be one of those things that I beat myself up on over not getting out there. I know from last experience it's so easy to let it all slide."
"Thanks to you for a fantastic day. A real step forwards. It may only have been a few steps but it was definitely running. And NO PAIN. Amazing what you chaps achieve in instilling confidence. Surpassed my wildest expectations."